Welcome new students & parents!
Here are a few helpful tips to know before you begin the registration process.
Transcripts & Paperwork
Please have your current school send your student(s) transcript to Murray Community School: 216 Sherman Street, Murray, Iowa 50174. Transcripts may also be faxed to (641) 447-2313.
The following are additional grade-specific paperwork you may need to provide:
- Preschool: Preschool Physical (must be received by school before school starts), current immunization record (must be received by school before school starts), current dental screening (within 45 days of child starting), and a copy of the child’s birth certificate (must be received by school before school starts)
- Kindergarten: Vision Screening (PDF) and Dental Screening (PDF) (turned into school up to 6 months after school starts)
- 3rd Grade: Vision Screening (PDF) (turned into school up to 6 months after school starts)
- 9th Grade: Dental Screening (PDF) (turned into school up to 6 months after school starts)
You must submit all documents before we can enroll your child(ren) into the Murray Community School District. If you do not have access to a computer to do the online registration process, please contact the District Office to set up an appointment.
Online registration is available through our Parent JMC portal. This needs to be done on a computer, the process doesn’t work well on a cell phone. Online registration is a multi-step process. Please login to the Murray JMC Parent Portal and click on New Enrollment. After completing the enrollment application you will receive an email. Follow the simple Instruction guide and be sure to complete ALL information. Some fields have several questions, so be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the page and answer all questions.
Then go to the “Tuition/Fees” on the left to pay for one of these items:
- Instructional Fees (required for each student – pro-rated for Free & Reduced)
- Murray Activity Pass for student, adult or family (this is optional)
You will possibly have 1, 2, or 3 separate transactions when paying with a credit or debit card online. If you are only paying for your student(s) Instructional Fee click on Pay Bill. If you need to pay for a Murray Activity Pass, click on Purchase Items after you have done Pay Bill. The third transaction would be if you put money in your lunch account.
|Full Price||Reduced Price|
|Book/Chromebook Rent (Grades K-12)||$30.00||$15.00|
|Pre-K Snack Fee||$0||$0|
|Planner (Grades 6-8)||$3.00||$1.50|
|Student Lunch (Grades PK-5)||$2.40||$0.40|
|Student Lunch (Grades 6-8)||$2.45||$0.40|
|Student Lunch (Grades 9-12)||$2.50||$0.40|
|Senior Citizen||Free (request annual pass)|