Paid job that provides on-the-job training in a highly skilled career
- Structured Learning is combined with on-the-job training
- Both on-site and classroom experience are paid
- Apprentices typically start at half a journeyman’s hourly wage with salary increases every six months (varies by profession)
- Receive health care benefits
- Trade jobs account for 56% of Iowa’s labor market
- More job opportunities than there are skilled labor to fill them
Average annual salary of a registered apprenticeship program graduate
Building Trades Registered Apprenticeships
Click on each apprenticeship to learn more about it! This list directs you to the local unions. There are many more out there!
If you would like more information or to talk about career options, please stop by Mrs. Meiners room!